The National Biomass Association SERBIO is founded at the end of 2012 in Majdanpek, with the support of the Embassy of Kingdom of Norway. The Association has established a total of 14 founders - 4 Individual members, 2 companies and 8 non-governmental organizations. Today the Association has 30 members (13 companies, 9 non-governmental organizations and 8 individual members). After the decision of the Assembly on Mai 15th 2015, the Association has changed its seat and moved to Novi Sad.
The mission of SERBIO is to contribute to the sustainable development of bioenergy sector in Serbia.
The vision of SERBIO is energy efficient Serbia with sustainable share of biomass in the energy balance.
Objectives of SERBIO:
- Development of markets and a favorable business environment for the sustainable bioenergy sector in Serbia
- Increasing public awareness about the possibilities of using biomass
- Promotion of public-private partnerships in the field of biomass use
- Improving knowledge, research and development of renewable energy sources in Serbia.
Activities of SERBIO directed towards the realization of the objectives of the association include:
- Informing, counseling its members (market, legislation, regulation, investors) and representing the interests of its members;
- Participation in the processes of of defining regulatory solutions directly or indirectly related to the use of biomass;
- Informing and educating the public;
- Share on the market;
- Consulting services;
- Implementation of development projects;
- Organization of workshops and conferences;
The Association is financed by by membership fees, implementation of development projects, organizing events and providing services.