EVENT: SEE ENERGY - Connect & Supply V, "Western Balkans meet new energy challenges"
DATE: October, 13-14th 2022
Renewable energy supply and the transition to green energy are becoming increasingly important, especially during the energy crisis in Europe. Dealing with high oil, electricity and gas prices has an increasingly negative impact on citizens and the economy in the European Union. At the meeting of the European Council held on March 24 and 25 this year, it was announced that the member states will work together with the European Commission on the joint purchase of gas, hydrogen, and liquefied natural gas.
At the same time, the Western Balkans region is going through an energy crisis, and a common approach makes it easier to finance green energy and abandon coal use, said the Deputy Director of the Energy Community Secretariat, Dirk Bushle.
The fifth international investment conference SEE ENERGY- Connect & Supply on "Western Balkans to meet new energy challenges" will be held on October 13 and 14 this year at the Sheraton Hotel, Novi Sad.
The National Biomass Association "SERBIO" and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, EBRD will present the situation, current challenges, and future projects and potential solutions in the future energy transition of the entire Western Balkans region during the two-day event.
Over 40 energy experts, representatives of investors, the economy, and the most crucial state institutions from Serbia, Croatia, BiH, Northern Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania, Slovenia, etc., will talk about the most current topic - regional energy situation, oil, and electricity prices and future challenges, presenting solutions, technologies and sources of funding.
Austria is this year's partner country of the conference, and in addition to Austrian representatives of equipment and services, the event will be attended by representatives of companies from Germany and Italy. Considering the topicality of the topic, the interest is great, and the topics of the conference were distributed in two days in all conference halls of the "Sheraton" hotel in Novi Sad.
The two-day event will be officially opened by the Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia and the Minister of Mining and Energy, Prof. PhD. Zorana Mihajović, Mr. Matteo Colangeli, director of the EBRD for the Western Balkans, as well as high-ranking officials, representatives of the Energy Community Secretariat, the Austrian embassy, the EU Delegation in Serbia, as well as Mayor of the city of Novi Sad.
- RES IN DISTRICT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS - co-organizer of the event - EBRD, REdeWeB program, Ministry of Mining and Energy, Secretariat of the Energy Community, AERS, EPS, Novi Sad Plant, PU "Toplane Srbije", Banja Luka Plant, Sarajevo Plant, Kragujevac Plant
- GREEN TRANSITION AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE GREEN AGENDA - Chamber of Commerce of Serbia, Center for Circular Economy, UNDP, Consultare Croatia, WABIO, SGS company
- POTENTIAL AND DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMASS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATIONAL CIRCULAR ECONOMY - National Association for Biomass "SERBIO" - Wabio, Conslutare, Polytechnik GmbH, ProCredit banka, Erste banka
- USING SOLAR ENERGY THROUGH THE BUYER - MANUFACTURER APPROACH, challenges and solutions, design, technologies, financing: co-organizer of the event - GIZ, program "Promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Serbia" - Ministry of Mining and Energy, EDS, EPS, Ministry of Finance RS, Ministry economy, Energy Net, Viessmann, MT Komex
- FINANCING RESEARCH PROJECTS - ERSTE, OTP, ProCredit bank, Ministry of Mining and Energy, Ministry of Economy, AON Corporation - ACB
- DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTROMOBILITY IN SERBIA, E-bus in Novi Sad - Schneider Electric, Siemens Serbia, ABB, charge&GO
Topics are intended for industry, economy, agriculture, households, public companies, banks and local governments.
The event is organized with the co-organization of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development EBRD and the German Organization for International Cooperation GIZ, with the support of the Ministry of Mining and Energy, the Austrian Chamber of Commerce, the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, PU "Toplane Serbia", regional associations and associations.